Saturday, June 29, 2013

For the Love of PB

Ok, I have a confession--I'm a peanut butter addict.  Phew! Glad that's off my chest.  Now let me be clear here.  I don't care for that regular PB at the store (Jif, PeterPan, etc.). Those are all great for baking, but for a nice PB and J sandwich or just to eat by the spoonful-- they basically suck (in my most humble opinion).  I have always preferred Smucker's natural PB to the rest.  It's pretty tasty, and it's natural.  However, I have discovered that I can make my own that tastes even better, AND I know EXACTLY what goes into it. All you need is peanuts, a food processor, and a glass jar. It's seriously that simple.

Ingredients:
Peanuts

Equipment:
Food Processor
Glass Jar

Take a 16 oz jar of peanuts (I get unsalted) and place them into the processor.  Turn the processor on high and let it go.  Initially, this will be quite loud.  Once the peanuts start to chop they will get a grainy consistency,

 but it will basically look like chopped peanuts. You might occasionally have to stop the processor to scrape the sides. Then let it go.  The peanuts will start to ball up.  You're still not done yet!  Once the peanuts start making their way out of the ball you will notice a paste forming.  Keep watching it until you get a slightly grainy, but pasty consistency. You now have the yummiest PB. Place it in a cute glass jar with an adorable label, and you're done!  The best part is... you made it! I think I'm going to go and have a spoonful now.



No comments:

Post a Comment