Saturday, June 29, 2013

For the Love of All Things Wonderful

How does this happen?  Seriously, where does time go?  Tomorrow I will be turning the big 2-5.  When anyone who is older than me hears my reservations about this number, they let out a huge sigh or give a giant eye roll.  I know my disdain for this number is slightly obnoxious to those older than me, but I can't help it.    Even though I am not close to retiring age, and I am still considered young, it doesn't make getting older any easier. It truly seems like turning 21 was just yesterday.  To think that four years has passed since then is eerily mind boggling.  Time seemed to move so slow as a kid, but the older I get--the faster it goes. No longer am I in my early twenties or considered college age. I didn't get carded with my last purchase of alcohol (gasp).  It is time to really start thinking about good moisturizing cream and getting off some of these extra pounds.  Call me dramatic, but this getting older nonsense is for the birds.  I would be perfectly content with freezing time.  I love being twenty-four.  Life is good...

Now that the "me getting older" pity party has been thrown, let me move onto some of the wonderfulness of this weekend that will make tomorrow a little bit easier.

Wonderfulness #1- My Birthday Card
My husband picked out the sweetest card.  He knows how to make a girl feel good.

Wonderfulness #2- My Birthday Present
The hubs surprised me with a Silhouette Cameo.  I can't wait to get this thing up and running.  Oh the possibilities (and projects) are endless...


Wonderfulness #3- Birthday Shopping Trip
Dustin and I took a nice little trip to Branson yesterday.  I found some great spring/summer clothes.  We enjoyed dinner at Texas Land and Cattle (OMG... Amazing!).

Wonderfulness #4- Birthday BBQ
We broke out the new BBQ grill and had the in-laws over for dinner. Dustin and his dad grilled.  My mother-in-law made me an oatmeal cake (my favorite).


Wonderfulness#5- Starbucks
Today was my lucky day.  The Starbucks Rewards program gave me a Birthday Reward, which is good for ANY drink on the menu.  By ANY, I mean ANY.  You can get ANY type of drink in ANY size with ANY toppings. Fulfilling this reward was on my morning to-do list.  Target was one of my morning errand destinations.  Each time I go, they always print off a coupon.  Today's coupon just so happened to be a free Starbucks bakery item.  I didn't even know Starbucks coupons ever printed. So by the end of the morning I had a Venti Java Chip Frappuccino and some coffee cake.  Divine!


Wow! What a perfect weekend?  I'm going to keep all of this in mind tomorrow when the big 2-5 becomes official.

No comments:

Post a Comment