Saturday, June 29, 2013

For the Love of Feet?

This blog and its entirety somehow managed to be devoted to feet.  Most of what has happened to me this weekend has involved my feet. But first...Let me momentarily pause this blog for a tribute to the master of writing about feet, Dr. Seuss   Here is an excerpt from his book, The Foot Book:
Left foot, left foot, right foot, right
Feet in the morning
Feet at night
Left foot, left foot, left foot, right
Wet foot, dry foot
Low foot, high foot
Front feet, back feet
Red feet, black feet
Left foot, right foot, feet, feet, feet
I couldn't help myself. Alright, back to my ever-so interesting blog post devoted to feet.  It all began Thursday morning. I woke up exceptionally tired as it was my first day back to school after a 12 hour field trip (which involved  nearly six hours of driving). Not at all interested in my appearance, I just threw on some clothes.  I also grabbed sandals, as it was going to be a warm day.  Once I arrive at school, I was much more alert and now completely mortified.  To my dismay, my sandals were obnoxiously displaying my unmanicured feet complete with chipped polish. I tried to hide my feet, but it is pretty hard to walk and hide your feet at the same time.  Not wanting a repeat of the day's events, that evening, after school, I recruited my friend Andrea and ventured out for pedicures.  This was my first time trying Shellac polish.  I'm in love.  :) No painting my toes for an entire month.  I've heard it can be quite difficult to remove, but as far as I can tell it has to be worth it.  Even though my feet were looking awesome, they were feeling lousy.  I have self-diagnosed myself with Plantar Fasciitis.  Anyone who has dealt with this issue knows it is terrible.  It started in January once I began running.  At first I thought the pain was coming from new running shoes.  Now I realize it was probably a combination of ill-fitting shoes and constant walking on wood and tile floors.  It is now May, and the pain continues.  I have tried to wear Dr. Scholl's inserts as often as I can, but if I want to wear sandals the inserts aren't an option.  Somehow I misplaced my inserts over after the field trip on Wednesday.  My feet have since been in incredible pain.  Once school is out of session, I am going to the doctor.  This is silly. Now probably my favorite part of the weekend.  Dustin took me to Five Pound Apparel and purchased me a pair of Ssekos.  I am now busy perfecting the different ties to make them extra fashionable.  These shoes are absolutely adorable and wonderfully comfy.  If you don't know much about the company, it is devoted to empowering women in Uganda.  You should really check out their storyThese shoes are so unique because you purchase one base or sandal.  You then purchase a variety of "straps"  to complete the look.  I only have one set so far, but I can't wait to improve my collection. You can change the straps out as often or as little as you want. The straps can be wrapped/ tied in several different ways.  One platform and two sets of straps has the potential of making over 20 different styles of shoes.  Super cool!  Oh, the possibilities. One more thought.  At first I thought it was a bit odd to devote an entire blog post to feet.  Then I thought about how Seuss wrote an entire book about feet. So in all actuality I am not odd, just a creative genius. ;)
This seems completely doable... I've got this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment